Wednesday, October 10, 2012

color me a good time!

This weekend I traveled to Iowa to have some long overdue girl time with my BFF from the east.  The reality is, I was only as far east as Des Monies, IA...I just can't make myself admit to spending (and enjoying) time in Iowa!  Teasing, of course!

Courtney and I have been friends for years...over six years actually.  We met when our first born were babies.  She kept me strong when Charli was in treatment, and kept me sane through my second pregnancy and birth of our son.  Weeks later, she called me to tell me her oldest was diagnosed with cancer.  Some of you may remember that, I went straight to (our old) blog because I wasn't sure how to process that information.  Fast forward three years and everyone is doing well...and now a forth child is in the mix with their second son born in the middle of their cancer journey.  We have had a lot of experiences together but this weekend we had another first.  We ran our first 5k together.  This was not Court's first, but it was our first together, and it was my first 'official' 5k.  We did the color run in IA, which is the same race I posted about this summer.  We had a great time.  It was cold, it was windy...but it was worth it!  (I am hoping the "We Can 5K" in Columbus is a little warmer this weekend!)

We enjoyed some great girl time including shopping, coffee, dinner, drinks, pizza, and football!  Good times with good friends is medicine for the soul!!

None of this could have been possible without Chad being super-dad on the home front, he gets lots of props!!

 these guys cracked me up!  I could totally see one of my nephews doing this.  There were 27,000 runners at this race which made it the largest Color Run they have had in North America yet!  I think they blew the doors off of the event in Omaha!  (however, the run in Omaha was about 70 degrees warmer AND the sun was shining, with NO wind!!)

Brenda * Courtney *Brenda*Courtney ;-)
these cancer moms were running with a purpose!  We each had four ribbons on.  We each gave two away when we were asked what they were for!  Spreading awareness wherever we can!!!

post run!  We were not as colorful as we could have been...the wind took the color faster than we could catch it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment